Innovative Leaders Speaker Series:
Work/Life Balance Skill Development Workshop
with Dana Whitaker
Thursday, November 7, 2013
3:45pm - 7:00pm
UC Berkeley Alumni House -- Toll Room
Networking with wine/hors d'oeuvres to follow!
Achieving a healthy work/life balance takes skill and commitment! The Center for Health Leadership (CHL) and the California Pacific Public Health Training Center (CALPACT) are very excited to have been able to provide this special workshop on how to develop skills that ensure a healthy work/life balance. Participants joined Dana Whitaker, personal and professional coach, and owner of Opening Eyes, LLC, for an intimate evening of professional life coaching on the subject of work/life balance along with wine, hors d’oeuvres and networking!
After this session, you will be able to:
- Define your life's state of balance
- Articulate your cornerstone values as a tool to set life balance boundaries
- Turn stress triggers into stress busters
- Train others in these skills
Who should attend?
- Anyone with a desire to learn more about how to develop work/life balance skills
- Anyone who would like to develop practical strategies for limiting stress
- Anyone in the public health workforce, including public health leaders and professionals
3:45 pm - 4:00 pm: Registration/Material Distribution
4:00 pm - 6:00 pm: Interactive Workshop/Questions
6:00 pm - 7:00 pm: Networking with wine/hors d’oeuvres
About the Innovative Leaders Speaker Series
Our goal for the new Innovative Leaders Speaker Series is to provide public health professionals with an opportunity to learn about innovative ideas and new ways of thinking while creating a forum to share these ideas with others. Each session will provide you with an opportunity to hear directly from leaders and to network with your peers.
Thursday, November 7, 2013, 3:45pm - 7:00pm
All talks in this new Series are open to public health and health care professionals, faculty, staff and students.
UC Berkeley Alumni House, located on the south side of the UC Berkeley Campus. Please click here for parking information and directions.
- $40 and the first 50 registrants (not including scholarship recipients) will receive a copy of Decisive: How to make Better Choices in Life and Work by Chip and Dan Heath. Scholarship recipients may purchase the book for $15 at the workshop.
- UC Berkeley Students, Alumni, Faculty, and Staff: $30
Owner of Opening Eyes, LLC, personal and professional coach Dana Whitaker works with business leaders helping them create values-driven, impactful, joy-filled lives. She is a graduate of Newfield Network, an International Coach Federation-certified program. Dana holds M.A. degrees in Education from Stanford University, and in College Student Development from The George Washington University. She received her teaching credential in English and Social Sciences from San Francisco State University, and earned a B.A. degree from the Department of Interdisciplinary Studies at the University of California, Berkeley. Dana is author of Transforming Lives $40 at a Time, Women + Microfinance: Upending the Status Quo.